CX RACING RETURNS TO SYDNEY
Sydney Park CX continues our tradition of hosting summer cyclocross events in iconic Sydney locations (as part of the appropriately named Big Smoke series). This year we're at Sydney Park, with a new course and format, as part of the Sydney Rides Festival. This is an event almost anyone with a bike and a sense of adventure can take part in - look forward to seeing you there!
RACING SCHEDULE 14/10/17
We’ve got something for everyone in a jam-packed racing schedule. Whether you are a novice or an experienced racer, we’ve got a race to scratch your itch. Don’t want to race? Come and experience the spectacle, hosted in beautiful Sydney Park.
|OPEN MEN & WOMEN||45 min||1:15PM|
|KIDS RACE||30 min||2:15PM|
|B GRADE MEN||45 min||3:00PM|
|A & B GRADE WOMEN||45 min||4:00PM|
|A GRADE MEN||60 min||5:00PM|
SYDNEY PARK RD, ERSKINEVILLE NSW.
Set on 103 acres of pristine parkland, Sydney Park provides a perfect backdrop for summer cyclocross action. With CBD views, variable terrain, and easy access by train, bus, car and bike - Sydney Park makes CX accessible to everyone.
A MEN & WOMEN
B & OPEN MEN & WOMEN
Can I register on the day?
Yes, limited registrations will be allowed on the day. However, to guarantee you are not stuck in the queue (or potentially miss out), we recommend you register before the cut-off date.
What is cyclocross?
Cyclocross is a mix of road racing and mountain biking that utilises a variety of surfaces – including sealed paths, grass, and dirt – to create a course, with a selection of obstacles thrown in for good measure. Courses are often tight and technical, but oh-so-much-fun.
Can anyone have a go?
Absolutely! The open category is designed for anyone that wants to give CX a go; no experience necessary. It’s a great way to try bike racing and have a whole heap of fun at the same time!
Do I need a special bike?
If you are racing in A or B grade then, yes, you will need a cyclocross-specific bike. However, for the open or kids race, any serviceable mountain bike with a helmet will do. Or a BMX. Or a fixie. Pretty much anything for that matter.
What do I need to bring?
If you are racing, you will need a mechanically sound bike and helmet (mandatory). If you are spectating, feel free to bring a picnic blanket or chair for your comfort, or simply sit on the grass and enjoy the show!
Will there be something to eat and drink?
Yes, there will be a food truck and refreshment options (more info soon).
Can I bring a tent?
Yes, on 2x conditions: 1) you must not use stakes (use shot bags or weights instead) and 2) you must setup as directed by the events team (to make sure there is enough space for everyone).
- Entry fees are non-refundable except in the event of the cancellation of the race or event.
- The Spokes People accepts no liability for damage or theft of competitor's bike or possessions. Competitors enter the race at their own risk and The Spokes People accepts no liability for accident or injury.
- All competitors are required to produce proof of a current Cycling Australia or Mountain Bike Australia racing license to race (day licenses are acceptable as long as valid with CA and/or MTBA).
- The Spokes People reserves the right to change the date of or cancel the event (due to circumstances beyond its reasonable control), amend the format of or shorten the event, and/or alter any prize money and/or prizes at its sole discretion.
- In the event of one or more races or the event being cancelled, The Spokes People shall provide affected Participants with a full refund with no further liability whatsoever arising from such cancellation.
- All entry fees and prize monies are inclusive of GST, where appropriate.
- The distribution of prizes and prize money will be coordinated by The Spokes People. Prize money will be paid out within 28 days of the event being held. Non-monetary prizes may take longer.
JOIN THE TSP MAILING LIST
Receive the latest news and event updates from the team.