CX RACING RETURNS TO SYDNEY
Sydney Park CX continues our tradition of hosting summer cyclocross events in iconic Sydney locations (as part of the appropriately named Big Smoke series). This year we're at Sydney Park, with a new course and format, as part of the Sydney Rides Festival. This is an event almost anyone with a bike and a sense of adventure can take part in - look forward to seeing you there!
Select entries are now open for the 2017 Sydney Park CX. Spots are strictly limited for all grades, so make sure you don't miss out! Entries close 5pm 13/10/17.
All Grades - $25
Kids Race - FREE
2017 entries have now closed
RACING SCHEDULE 14/10/17
We’ve got something for everyone in a jam-packed racing schedule. Whether you are a novice or an experienced racer, we’ve got a race to scratch your itch. Don’t want to race? Come and experience the spectacle, hosted in beautiful Sydney Park.
|OPEN MEN & WOMEN||45 min||1:15PM|
|KIDS RACE||30 min||2:15PM|
|B GRADE MEN||45 min||3:00PM|
|A & B GRADE WOMEN||45 min||4:00PM|
|A GRADE MEN||60 min||5:00PM|
SYDNEY PARK RD, ERSKINEVILLE NSW.
Set on 103 acres of pristine parkland, Sydney Park provides a perfect backdrop for summer cyclocross action. With CBD views, variable terrain, and easy access by train, bus, car and bike - Sydney Park makes CX accessible to everyone.
A MEN & WOMEN
B & OPEN MEN & WOMEN
What is cyclocross?
Cyclocross is a mix of road racing and mountain biking that utilises a variety of surfaces – including sealed paths, grass, and dirt – to create a course, with a selection of obstacles thrown in for good measure. Courses are often tight and technical, but oh-so-much-fun.
Can anyone have a go?
Absolutely! The open category is designed for anyone that wants to give CX a go; no experience necessary. It’s a great way to try bike racing and have a whole heap of fun at the same time!
Can I register on the day?
Yes, limited registrations will be allowed on the day. However, to guarantee you are not stuck in the queue (or potentially miss out), we recommend you register before the cut-off date.
Will licenses be available to purchase on the day?
Yes. You will be able to purchase an MTBA day license at the event.
What if it rains?
That’s a tricky one! Ordinarily, cyclocross is on rain, hail or shine (in fact, racing in mud is what it is known for). However, given the iconic location (which is enjoyed by thousands of Sydney-siders every day) and high visibility of the slope - we don’t want to (and can’t) make a mess of it. If it rains a little - that should be fine. If it buckets down (especially in the days ahead of the race), we might have to make some tough, very un-CX-like decisions. Either way, we’ll keep you notified on social channels.
Can I take photos at the event?
Absolutely. You are welcome to take as many photos and/or videos as you want. All we ask is any photos you share on social platforms be tagged with @thespokespeople and/or #bigsmokecx. There may be a few areas of the course that only accredited media are allowed to access (pink vests). If you would like to apply for accreditation (free of charge), please contact us.
- Entry fees are non-refundable except in the event of the cancellation of the race or event.
- The Spokes People accepts no liability for damage or theft of competitor's bike or possessions. Competitors enter the race at their own risk and The Spokes People accepts no liability for accident or injury.
- All competitors are required to produce proof of a current Cycling Australia or Mountain Bike Australia racing license to race (day licenses are acceptable as long as valid with CA and/or MTBA).
- The Spokes People reserves the right to change the date of or cancel the event (due to circumstances beyond its reasonable control), amend the format of or shorten the event, and/or alter any prize money and/or prizes at its sole discretion.
- In the event of one or more races or the event being cancelled, The Spokes People shall provide affected Participants with a full refund with no further liability whatsoever arising from such cancellation.
- All entry fees and prize monies are inclusive of GST, where appropriate.
- The distribution of prizes and prize money will be coordinated by The Spokes People. Prize money will be paid out within 28 days of the event being held. Non-monetary prizes may take longer.
JOIN THE TSP MAILING LIST
Receive the latest news and event updates from the team.