BIG RACING RETURNS TO SYDNEY
Criterium White Bay brings fast and furious racing action right into the heart of Sydney Harbour. Riders will race along the water’s edge, with spectacular views of the Sydney skyline as their backdrop. With a packed racing schedule that extends into the evening under lights, this is a cycling festival like no other.
Select entries are now open for the 2017 Criterium White Bay. Spots are strictly limited for all grades, so make sure you don't miss out! Entries close 12pm 13/11/17.
Elite Men & Women - $70
A Grade Men & Women - $55
B, C & D Grade Men & Women - $50
2017 entries have now closed
RACING SCHEDULE 18/11/17
We’ve got something for everyone in a jam-packed racing schedule. Whether you are a novice or an experienced racer, we’ve got a race to scratch your itch. Don’t want to race? Come and experience the spectacle, including watching the elite men’s and women’s races, hosted under lights on Sydney harbour.
|D GRADE MEN||30 min||1:30PM|
|C GRADE MEN||45 min||2:15PM|
|B & C GRADE WOMEN||45 min||3:15PM|
|B GRADE MEN||60 min||4:15PM|
|A GRADE MEN||60 min||5:30PM|
|ELITE & A GRADE WOMEN||60 min||6:45PM|
|ELITE MEN||70 min||8:00PM|
White Bay Cruise Terminal
JAMES CRAIG RD, BALMAIN NSW.
Set against an iconic Sydney CBD skyline, the industrial feel of White Bay makes this working port an ideal location for criterium racing. Get all the venue information here.
Photos & report from Critérium White Bay
Full results from Critérium White Bay
Race and event information for participants
2017 Start List
Final start list for Critérium White Bay
Frequently Asked Questions
All you need to know about the coming event
White Bay Cruise Terminal
Shimano Sprint Series
Media Release September 19th, 2017
ELITE MEN & WOMEN
A MEN & WOMEN
|$250 + PRODUCT|
B, C & D MEN & WOMEN
Can I register on the day?
No, you cannot. You will need to register before the cut-off date (see above).
So, I need a racing license?
Yes, you will need to present a valid Cycling Australia racing license in order to be able to race. Licenses can be purchased online here. In addition you can purchase a day license (or 3 race license) here.
Can I pickup my race number at the event?
Yes, the event village will be open from approximately 1:00pm, and you will be able to pickup your race number there.
Has the course changed?
Yes, the 2017 course has been changed from the original course design published on the Criterium White Bay site. In consultation with Cycling NSW, the course has been shortened to not exit the White Bay 4 gate, containing the entire course within the Terminal area. This decision was made to ensure a safe and fun first event at the venue.
What if it rains?
Under most scenarios, so long as there is no standing water on the course, and the chief commissaire is happy for the racing to proceed, then it will proceed as scheduled (even if it is raining). However, if there is heavy rain ahead of, or during the event, such that it makes the course unsafe for racing, then the racing will be suspended (until the conditions are safe for racing again), shortened, or cancelled. We’ll keep you notified on social channels as the date approaches.
Can I take photos at the event?
Absolutely. You are welcome to take as many photos and/or videos as you want. All we ask is any photos you share on social platforms be tagged with @thespokespeople and/or #whitebaycrit. There are a few areas of the course that only accredited media are allowed to access (pink vests). If you would like to apply for accreditation (free of charge), please contact us.
What else is happening?
The event village will be brimming with activity, with food, sponsor displays, club and team areas, and more..
- Entry fees are non-refundable except in the event of the cancellation of the race or event.
- The Spokes People accepts no liability for damage or theft of competitor's bike or possessions. Competitors enter the race at their own risk and The Spokes People accepts no liability for accident or injury.
- All competitors are required to produce proof of a current Cycling Australia racing license to race (day licenses are acceptable as long as valid with CA).
- The Spokes People reserves the right to change the date of or cancel the event (due to circumstances beyond its reasonable control), amend the format of or shorten the event, and/or alter any prize money and/or prizes at its sole discretion.
- In the event of one or more races or the event being cancelled, The Spokes People shall provide affected Participants with a full refund with no further liability whatsoever arising from such cancellation.
- All entry fees and prize monies are inclusive of GST, where appropriate.
- The distribution of prizes and prize money will be coordinated by The Spokes People. Prize money will be paid out within 28 days of the event being held. Non-monetary prizes may take longer.
JOIN THE TSP MAILING LIST
Receive the latest news and event updates from the team.