BIG RACING RETURNS TO SYDNEY
Criterium White Bay brings fast and furious racing action right into the heart of Sydney Harbour. Riders will race along the water’s edge, with spectacular views of the Sydney skyline as their backdrop. With a packed racing schedule that extends into the evening under lights, this is a cycling festival like no other.
RACING SCHEDULE 18/11/17
We’ve got something for everyone in a jam-packed racing schedule. Whether you are a novice or an experienced racer, we’ve got a race to scratch your itch. Don’t want to race? Come and experience the spectacle, including watching the elite men’s and women’s races, hosted under lights on Sydney harbour.
|C & D GRADE MEN||45 min||2:00PM|
|B & C GRADE WOMEN||45 min||3:00PM|
|B GRADE MEN||60 min||4:00PM|
|A GRADE MEN||60 min||5:15PM|
|ELITE & A GRADE WOMEN||60 min||6:30PM|
|ELITE MEN||70 min||7:45PM|
White Bay Cruise Terminal
JAMES CRAIG RD, BALMAIN NSW.
Set against an iconic Sydney Harbour skyline, the industrial feel of White Bay creates the perfect location for criterium racing. You can easily access the race village by car, public transport, bike or even ferry/water taxi!
ELITE MEN & WOMEN
A MEN & WOMEN
|$250 + PRODUCT|
|$160 + PRODUCT|
|$100 + PRODUCT|
B, C & D MEN & WOMEN
|$150 + PRODUCT|
|$100 + PRODUCT|
|$60 + PRODUCT|
Can I register on the day?
No, you can't. You will need to register before the cut-off date (see above).
Which club is hosting the event?
Rapha Cycling Club Sydney is the hosting club for Criterium White Bay.
Where can I collect my registration pack from?
Registration packs (which include your race number) will be available for pickup from Rapha Cycling Club Sydney ahead of the event. You will be notified when packs are available for pickup.
Can I pickup my race number (and pack) at the event?
Yes, the event village will be open from approximately 1:30pm, and you will be able to pickup your registration pack there.
Can I race with disc brakes?
Yes, you are able to race this event with disc brakes (see this article for more information).
Do I need to belong to a cycling club or team to race?
No. Racing is open to anyone with a valid Cycling Australia racing license.
So I need a racing license?
Yes, you will need to present a valid Cycling Australia racing license in order to be able to race. Licenses can be purchased online here. In addition you can purchase a day license (or 3 race license) here.
Is there junior racing?
No, there is no specific junior racing (or kids) program for this event. Junior riders who were born in 2000-2001 are, however, welcome to race in the grade appropriate for them.
What else is happening?
The event village will be brimming with activity, with a bar, food trucks, sponsor displays, club and team areas (with more to be announced shortly).
Can I volunteer at the event?
Yes please! We will need people to help before, during and after the event. If you would like to be involved, get in touch with us here.
- Entry fees are non-refundable except in the event of the cancellation of the race or event.
- The Spokes People accepts no liability for damage or theft of competitor's bike or possessions. Competitors enter the race at their own risk and The Spokes People accepts no liability for accident or injury.
- All competitors are required to produce proof of a current Cycling Australia racing license to race (day licenses are acceptable as long as valid with CA).
- The Spokes People reserves the right to change the date of or cancel the event (due to circumstances beyond its reasonable control), amend the format of or shorten the event, and/or alter any prize money and/or prizes at its sole discretion.
- In the event of one or more races or the event being cancelled, The Spokes People shall provide affected Participants with a full refund with no further liability whatsoever arising from such cancellation.
- All entry fees and prize monies are inclusive of GST, where appropriate.
- The distribution of prizes and prize money will be coordinated by The Spokes People. Prize money will be paid out within 28 days of the event being held. Non-monetary prizes may take longer.
JOIN THE TSP MAILING LIST
Receive the latest news and event updates from the team.