CYCLOCROSS GOES UP A NOTCH
We've been looking forward to doing this for a very, very long time. Behold our latest creation - Cyclocross Sydney Park - and what the name may lack in panache, this event will more than makes up for in punch.
We've thrown out the cyclocross rulebook and gone back to a favourite childhood show, It's a Knockout, for inspiration (yes, we're old, but we've finally worked out that Fiona MacDonald wasn't Jacki MacDonald, but they WERE sisters - still, we digress). Costume Cross is back. The foam cannon is back. Plus we've been busy building a range of new obstacles and challenges - to make this a course you'll never forget. And we're doing it all under Friday night lights.
Girls and guys of all abilities will race at the same time on a course designed specifically for the event. You'll slip, you'll slide, you'll wonder why we haven't done this before. We think you'll like it a lot. But, just in case you don't, we'll have a bar, tunes and a whole lot more to make you feel better.
If you don't want to race, it will be just as much fun to cheer on our brave racers and watch the chaos unfold. This is an event almost anyone with a bike and a sense of adventure can take part in. Come and join in the celebration - part of the Sydney Rides Festival.
Entries are now open for the 2018 Cyclocross Sydney Park event. Spots are strictly limited for all categories, so make sure you don't miss out!
All Race Categories - $25
Kids Race & Costume Cross - FREE
RACING SCHEDULE 19/10/18
We’ve got something for everyone in a jam-packed racing schedule. Whether you are a novice or an experienced racer, you are going to love what we have planned for you. Don’t want to race? Come and experience the spectacle, hosted under lights in beautiful Sydney Park.
NOTE: Although the racing this year is an ALL-IN format (to make it more fun), there will be separate results, podiums, and prizes for each category - and for men and women. For the CX race, the categories are: CX Boss (A grade), Goes Alright (B grade) and First Timer (other) - awarded in both male and female. For the open bike race, the categories will be based on bike type, i.e. mountain bike, single speed, unicycle, etc. - awarded in both male and female.
|ALL-IN OPEN BIKE RACE||35 min||7:00PM|
|KIDS RACE (U12)||15 min||7:45PM|
|ALL-IN CX RACE||40 min||8:10PM|
|COSTUME CROSS||20 min||9:00PM|
SYDNEY PARK RD, ERSKINEVILLE NSW.
Set on 103 acres of pristine parkland, Sydney Park provides a perfect backdrop for summer cyclocross action. With CBD views, variable terrain, and easy access by train, bus, car and bike - Sydney Park makes CX accessible to everyone.
View venue details
Race and event information for participants
Media Release 5/10/2018
Event postponed until 19/10/2018
Frequently Asked Questions
All you need to know about the coming event
MEN & WOMEN 'CX BOSS' CATEGORY
ALL OTHER CATEGORIES (CX AND OPEN BIKE)
What is cyclocross?
Cyclocross is a mix of road racing and mountain biking that utilises a variety of surfaces – including sealed paths, grass, and dirt – to create a course, with a selection of obstacles thrown in for good measure. Courses are often tight and technical, but oh-so-much-fun.
Can anyone have a go?
Absolutely! The open category is designed for anyone that wants to give CX a go; no experience necessary. It’s a great way to try bike racing and have a whole heap of fun at the same time!
Can I register on the day?
Yes, limited registrations will be allowed on the day. However, to guarantee you are not stuck in the queue (or potentially miss out), we recommend you register before the cut-off date.
Will licenses be available to purchase on the day?
Yes. You will be able to purchase an MTBA day license at the event.
What if it rains?
That’s a tricky one! Ordinarily, cyclocross is on rain, hail or shine (in fact, racing in mud is what it is known for). However, given the iconic location (which is enjoyed by thousands of Sydney-siders every day) and high visibility of the site - we don’t want to (and can’t) make a mess of it. If it rains a little - that should be fine. If it buckets down (especially in the days ahead of the race), we might have to make some tough, very un-CX-like decisions. Either way, we’ll keep you notified on social channels.
Can I take photos at the event?
Absolutely. You are welcome to take as many photos and/or videos as you want. All we ask is any photos you share on social platforms be tagged with @thespokespeople and/or #sydneycx. There may be a few areas of the course that only accredited media are allowed to access (pink vests). If you would like to apply for accreditation (free of charge), please contact us.
- Entry fees are non-refundable except in the event of the cancellation of the race or event.
- The Spokes People accepts no liability for damage or theft of competitor's bike or possessions. Competitors enter the race at their own risk and The Spokes People accepts no liability for accident or injury.
- All competitors are required to produce proof of a current Cycling Australia or Mountain Bike Australia racing license to race (day licenses are acceptable as long as valid with CA and/or MTBA).
- The Spokes People reserves the right to change the date of or cancel the event (due to circumstances beyond its reasonable control), amend the format of or shorten the event, and/or alter any prize money and/or prizes at its sole discretion.
- In the event of one or more races or the event being cancelled, The Spokes People shall provide affected Participants with a full refund with no further liability whatsoever arising from such cancellation.
- All entry fees and prize monies are inclusive of GST, where appropriate.
- The distribution of prizes and prize money will be coordinated by The Spokes People. Prize money will be paid out within 28 days of the event being held. Non-monetary prizes may take longer.
JOIN THE TSP MAILING LIST
Receive the latest news and event updates from the team.